University Medical Group
FEES AND CHARGES FOR NON-NHS SERVICES
Not all services at the practice are available under the NHS. Where patients request NON-NHS items or services, a private fee may be payable. Please note, charges listed are a guideline as fees are based on the amount of work involved. If the cost is likely to be more than stated here, we will advise you before commencing any work. Payment must be made by online bank transfer and confirmation sent to us before any work will be undertaken.
Timescales for completing your request (from date of receipt of payment)
Medical certificates/letters/reports/examinations/Subject Access Requests: 28 days
If you request work that is not provided for under the terms of the NHS Primary Care Service contract, your GP may be happy to undertake such work for you, but as this is a private service, you will incur a charge for completion of your request and on some occasions, they may refuse to action the request. Our priority is NHS work. Any requests requiring an appointment will be at the discretion of the practice and will be offered at times when we have sufficient appointment availability.
- Driving medical examination (eg HGV/PSV) - £120
- Concessionary bus pass (must have photograph with form) - £30
- Declaration of Health Forms (University Teaching Courses - £50
- To whom it may concern letter (basic) - £40
- To whom it may concern letter (comprehensive) - Cost will be advised on review of complexity of letter
- Medical Confirmation Form (MCF) for Reading University Students only - £15
- Fitness to study assessment - GP report - £30
- Cancellation certificate for holiday insurance - £50
- Fitness to travel letter - non-pregnancy related (form only, no examination) - £45 - If an examination is required, the fee will be higher and will be advised at the time.
- Travel abroad with medication letter - £30
- Fit to fly in pregnancy letters - £70. These require a GP appointment within 10 days before travel. Please contact us as soon as you know you are travelling as we will be unlikely to able to accommodate requests without 28 days notice.
* These fees are correct, as of November 2023 and will be subject to amendment from time to time